June 6, 2012
SMOQUE BBQ is currently looking for a Catering Coordinator to join our team. This position comprises a number of activities related to Smoque's Catering Department, including answering customer inquiries and booking orders, assembling orders for customer pickup and for delivery, and planning and working onsite catering events.
Prior kitchen or cooking experience are not required as we are willing to train someone with a strong work ethic and customer service background. However, catering sales and operations experience are a plus.
Please read the entire job description to see if you meet the requirements and please follow the correct process for applying.
Summary of Position
• Hours will range from 20-40/wk based on performance, dependability, and as the changing needs of the business require
• Must be available to be scheduled between the hours of 9am-9pm
• Professionalism and superior customer service are requirements
Responsible for catering functions, including;
• Understanding the Smoque BBQ catering menu and helping catering customers select appropriate products and quantities for their needs
• Accurately booking customer orders and entering them in our catering system
• Booking deliveries and securing delivery drivers for orders
• Entering and cashing out catering orders for each day of catering operations
• Accurately assembling outbound catering orders for customer pickup or delivery
• Assisting in managing and replenishing a catering buffet for onsite catered events and assisting and
• Perform other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Catering Manager
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, and lift objects of up to 50 pounds
• Must speak fluent English
• Must be dependable
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in joining the Smoque BBQ team, please stop in between the hours of 10am-3pm Monday or 10am-5pm Tuesday thru Friday to fill out our application.